Looking good.

la bala

20 minutes ago, la bala said:

The boy has been watching a piece of drill. Today he took half day off. Just had a call,  he had forgotten his backup slab of cartridges. He set up 40 minutes ago and has 45 on the clicker already.

45 in 40 minutes have the making of a very big bag with the amount of daylight hours left, look forward to seeing the end result , certainly picked a good day ,

I am now going out and if I get 5 in 40 minutes I will be happy:lol:

38 minutes ago, marsh man said:

45 in 40 minutes have the making of a very big bag with the amount of daylight hours left, look forward to seeing the end result , certainly picked a good day ,

I am now going out and if I get 5 in 40 minutes I will be happy

Its looking good marsh man, I have just dropped his cartridges off and he has 91 on the clicker.

Dont look like the boy is going to give a write up, he busy doing his extension. Stu had been watching a field a couple of evenings, it was really building with pigeon and he new a good day could be on the cards. At first he had assumed the drill was cereal, but it turned out to be beans with 25mm shoots, he couldnt see this from his recon as he is colour blind and green or brown is a problem for him. The field didnt offer access for his LR so his kit had to be carried over a ditch and and 300yds to where he set up. The most suitable place on the field he thought was in a ditch which had a single row of trees along its bank., there was one problem with this, the hide position wasnt good for the wind direction, and as he was to find out the birds wanted to come in from behind and over the trees.  The boy set out 12 dead birds and one on a wing spreader frame, as previous experience had told him you are sometimes better off leaving flappers and magnets in the vehicle when shooting over drill. Well from the off things were fast and furious with 45 in the first 40 minutes. He hadnt been there that long when he rang me asking if i would take him his reserve slab of cartridges which he had forgotten to take. When i delivered his cartridges he had shot 91 so this was going to be a bit of a special day. He did say with the birds coming from behind and over the trees he was missing out on quite a few shots as he wasnt seeing them in time but decided to stay put.During the afternoon he kept me updated ,  150 mid afternoon and at 4-50pm 227. He eventually decided to call it a day at 5-10pm with 240 on the clicker, birds were still committing as 13 shot in the last twenty minutes. Although Stu stopped shooting at 5-10pm it would be another hour and twenty minutes before he had picked up and made many trips backwards and forwards across the field to his LR. His picking up yielded 220 birds, some lost in brambles along the ditch and some in an orchard which was definitely a no go area. All in all it was a good 6 or 7 hours shooting, his only regret, he hadnt got his old faithful Meg by his side, she is retired now, she just lays on the sofa at home dreaming of the hundreds of pigeons she has delivered to her masters hand. He apologises for the pigeon pic, no where near PCs presentation, but as they say a Fenland presentation.  

32238652_1640036036092470_8792300402876874752_n todays birds.jpg

Certainly 10 / 10 for shooting the bag , but the presentation ...............the majority are fine , apart from the odd one that have still got a few loose feathers I would say 8 / 10 , us Norfolk boys have still got a lot to learn when it comes to laying the bag out :lol:

Your boy must be built like a shire horse lugging that lot 300yds back to his motor , joking aside , that was a brilliant bag and well worth taking half a day off from work ,  wonder what he would have got if he had been there all day :good: