Sign in to follow this  
beanieboy

NV Add-On [Nitesite Wolf etc]

34 minutes ago, beanieboy said:

Do these work ok with fixed mag scopes? I have a relatively cheap variable scope on my .22lr, but use Docter and Kahles fixed mag on my other rifles.

It will work, but an adjustable parallax scope works best. Also, the top end scopes tend to block a lot of IR. I used an add on with my S&B Zenith scope, but found that it worked better on my Nikko Sterling Mountmaster.

Thanks for the reply Steve. I've read how the coating on higher end scopes can affect IR. Suppose the question will be, just how badly will performance be affected? I note that the Nitesite Wolf can now be had for £375.....worth a punt, even if it ends up being suitable for use with my .22lr/Nikko gameking combo only.

Fixed focus scopes will tend to only be in focus at a given range - sounds basic but its effect is much more noticeable through an add on night vision camera: You can use it at a restricted predetermined range.

A variable focus scope will allow you to focus the camera image much better at all ranges.

Dave, when you say fixed focus, do you mean fixed mag? Both the Kahles & Docter have quick eye focus adjustment, but fixed mag at 8x and 6x respectively. Excuse my ignorance on this subject. My NV experience doesn't go beyond the simple rifle mounted lamp.

Dont by a nite site buy one of dave g s units they are beter quality.better range.better screen .better built in luminater ..they are better and cheaper

5 hours ago, beanieboy said:

Ah, parallax adjustment!

Thats it - but I was referring to the focus aspect of PA so called it focus for better context because a fixed camera won't realise parallax.

However I'm slightly dyslexic - I know what I meant lol.

Edited by Dave-G