Sign in to follow this  
Dazza9t9

Dog bed and paint

Can anyone help me with this... I am not paint / diy expert in fact I am totally inept

i have had a custom dog bed / crate built within the utility. It’s fnatatsic and I am very pleased with it. The dog loves it.

however I am wanting to paint / seal the inside of it. I’m thinking if she ever goes in wet. 

The inside is made with ply wood. I cannot see any where she can chew inside as it’s all flat walls

what would be the best paint / sealant to use? I’m not concerned with changing the colour, just want to seal it really, however I don’t want to use unnecessary harsh paint.

i was thinking a water based glass, but didn’t know if an external varnish would be better?

the door, she may chew, so what would be the best paint on that?

thanks 

I had my utility painted in two pack plastic paint. Its super tough and the sort of thing you will see in hospitals. Its expensive but I can now properly clean the walls at the end where the dog lives. 

That maybe an option however it’s for the inside of the kennel

It’s not finished but may give the idea

like i said it’s the inner ply wood I am wanting to seal

A7C8D044-6B93-4479-A7D6-1D6882D63DAE.jpeg

In the rear lobby which we use every day as entry and exit with the dogs I used soffit boarding and edging. This can easily be wiped down.

EBD301FE-B880-4057-B1B0-00E6BB2E439F.jpeg

PVA would seal it or undercoat and a glos paint  would be easy wiped down. sp if u went for bathroom type paint

Or even line with some PVC type stuff either i big sheet or T&G like in the photo above