NGO

Scully

Can’t answer in the relevant ( or irrelevant ) thread as it’s now been locked, but suffice to say the NGO have just been in touch ( quite a lengthy phone call ) and as I’m now aware of the full facts ( which weren’t mentioned in the media report ) I’m more or less happy with their reaction to this incident. 

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

Must have been an interesting phone call? 

Yes, it was.  I answered the phone quite prepared to end my membership really, and thought I'd put him on the spot a couple of times, but ended up learning a few things I was unaware of. The shoot in question didn't really have a leg to stand on to be honest, when all was explained, and I can't explain it all on here as it would take some time and I'm not really sure I can recall the entire conversation! 😀

Have to agree with above

As i kept reading through the original thread it came apparent that something was untoward with this case

I went onto it to say that it was improper and not allowed to bury animals in this way and got shot down for my comments But it went on to prove i was right in what i said

Fair do's to  Scully and the NGO for explaining the true facts

But do not condone illegal tresspass or sighting of cameras illagaly  or was it a disgruntled ex empoyee or similar that posted the video

Thanks

S

I asked about the trespass aspect, which it turns out is a civil offence rather than criminal. I suspect the shoot had enough on its plate to contend with without drawing even more attention to itself by pursuing a civil case. Aggravated trespass would have been another matter however. 

Had the birds had been buried in their entirety, although against everything we stand for, the shoot from a lwgal point of view would have been on a better footing, but processing them changes the aspect of legitimacy.