Mcnab Lowlander sporter

I am in the process of accumulating the funds to buy a new Gold Pigeon but a friend who is emigrating to Portugal has offered me his Lowlander Sporter which is in mint condition and about 6 months old for £500.00 obviously a lot less Than I would have to pay for the pigeon.

The Gun is a 12 g multi choke.

Does any one have an opinion of this gun which would be used for Pigeon Shooting and occasional clays.

I thought if I bought this gun I could get my young son a Bettinsoli .410 with the money I saved and consider taking the wife out for a meal ( Perhaps!)

Thanks FM.

FM

Sounds like a decent deal to me.

Why not borrow the gun and have a shoot, see how you get on. Take it to your gun shop, and see what part ex you can get on the Beretta.

You then know if you are getting a decent deal on the highlander, and if it suits you, fine.

If the lad gets a .410, fine.

As for the wife, meals are her department so she'd be paying!

webber :D

I've used one FM, and to be honest I thought it was ****. So did all the others who used it. It handled poorly, the stock was uncomfertable and just felt weird to use. You may find different and you may like it, but I did not. Give it a whirl at some clays.

I would keep saving and get the Gold Pigeon. If you can afford one porsh or two rovers what would you go for?

Well I had a look at one when I went to buy a new gun with dad on my birthday, Id seen the lowlander in a shooting mag and it looked very nice but when I got there and held it it wasnt as nice as I first thought it would be, I found the forend to be very wide and chunky I didnt like it, But on the other hand dad liked it I suppose its what yoiu used to In the end I went for A lincolin Premier and I prefer it but apart from that I looked ok, dad wants one but Ill stick with mine. :D