The grass is always greener.

oowee

I have a farm perm for vermin and deer control. It's adjacent to a large field of maybe 50 acres which is gently sloping. down from a small copse to a river border. Whenever I am shooting the adjacent land there always seems to be something better over the border 🙂. One night on the deer there was half a dozen good sized roe in the middle of the planted wheat. 

Last night was no exception. After a couple of early foxes I spent about the rest of the evening watching two foxes working the way through some sheep that were lambing. Try as I might they were just not interested in anything other than the lambs. I have asked the farmer before for permission and despite being asked once to shoot pigeons over peas it's not been forthcoming as he has 'a few chap's' I have just dropped him a text which has solicited a reply of 'Oh F they belong to XX I will call him'.

🙂 here's hoping I get a shout 🙂 

Always the same, we used to shoot around a donkey sanctuary, basically a few acres with a few donkeys on it, the owner would let us ferret but not shoot because. " guns kill birds" you could guarantee there would be rabbits sat out in this safe haven no matter the weather.