Window fitters help needed

strimmer_13

Done the usual on a bank holiday, locked the keys in the garage and had to break the window out. My problem is whilst I manged not to break the glass, ive had to go full retard on the beading with my opinel which is now a bit shorter, but ive no idea what the hell this stuff is called. Can some one help so I can order some, I'm going to have to board the window up for 2 days as I'm away and want to fix it for Friday. Its weird stuff as the bead (as I call it) clamps the window in place with multiple screws which are plugged on the inside. 

Failing all that I'll whip out the router and make some, but would rather pvc as its a rental property and want to leave it how I found it 

Thanks 

Matt

1555927948294.jpg

1555927980996.jpg

1555928016961.jpg

1555928061144.jpg

1555928088698.jpg

I’ve never bought that stuff in my life but I’d speak to my local plastic window supplies as I’m convinced I’d get it or a name to contact . 

I guess that’s a steel lined door ? Those beads always fade and a lot of people get rid of those doors in no time and fit full composite so you might find a scrap door somewhere to take apart for them.

join Facebook 😂 sorry couldn’t resist. They have groups on there that either is a trade group or selling them .

Right, just spoken to one of our fitters and he says if you take your measurements to a local UPVC Window firm they should be able to cut you a kit of the parts you will need to repair the damage.

Shame you not more local to us here in Peterborough.

Good luck.