Ebay rip offs

fatchap

On 26/05/2019 at 08:06, Farmboy91 said:

A quad for my little lad.

Paid just shy of £700 for an LT50, which for an older one is getting on for top money. It had a few scratches etc but I wasn't bothered about that as I knew it was going to end up with more lol was mainly after it because I wanted some reliable for him. 

Gave it to my boy for Christmas and it broke down  Christmas day. Never seen him so heartbroken. Contacted the seller, a PCM motorcycles in St Neots and they wouldn't entain returning it, looking at at it. Simply told me they suggested I 'had it looked at' and to 'have a nice Christmas'. 

So in the next 8 months after a trip to a proper motorcycle garage and a trip to no claims court it turns out they had sold it to me with no air filter, and in turn it had sucked god knows what through the carb and made one hell of a mess of the piston and barrel. 

They didn't even bother to turn up to the hearing and in their absence the judge kindly awarded me the best part of a grand for my troubles. 

Good man, that's the way to do it!

Bit of a spat with e-bay themselves and a supplier over a spare AA200 mag from Czech Republic. Made from some resin and doesn't index.

Raised a return, supplier overshot the timescale and couldn't process return label. E-bay called in to resolve, no resolution but E-bay sent a survey asking how well they had resolved the problem? 😃

33 minutes ago, old man said:

Good man, that's the way to do it!

Nothing worse than seeing your kids cry, let alone on Christmas day. He's well chuffed now as he's got a 70cc instead which goes like stink. 

I put the story about as much as I could mainly to show what a bunch of rogues they were and to show others that if you've been ripped off help is out there. Citizens advice and trading standards were brilliant. 

11 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

Nothing worse than seeing your kids cry, let alone on Christmas day. He's well chuffed now as he's got a 70cc instead which goes like stink. 

I put the story about as much as I could mainly to show what a bunch of rogues they were and to show others that if you've been ripped off help is out there. Citizens advice and trading standards were brilliant. 

My own experience too. Small claims court worked a treat.