Well done Tesco

walshie

I'm sure other supermarkets have done or are doing similar, but Tescos are opening at 9 instead of 10 on Sundays just for key workers. I took the mrs to our local Tesco this morning and it was very well organised. Key workers showed ID - no problem Madam. Anyone else who tried getting in were shown where the end of the queue was for the official opening at 10.

Only every other till was open to keep the queues apart and the floor was marked out with tape to keep the 2m between people. 

All in all, very efficient and no argy -bargy from the people who had to wait. Well done Tesco.

I am glad the NHS workers are being given priority or at least a fair chance at buying food.

Far from impressed at the supermarkets painting themselves as national heroes in this matter though. It was them that deliberately wiped out the local shops which now means everybody has to shop in the same place. Every little helps. my *****!

8 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Same here, only daft thing is making the NHS staff wait till ten to pay.

They just started 9.45 here. Wife was first in line at 9.35 so not so bad. 

1 minute ago, 39TDS said:

I am glad the NHS workers are being given priority or at least a fair chance at buying food.

Far from impressed at the supermarkets painting themselves as national heroes in this matter though. It was them that deliberately wiped out the local shops which now means everybody has to shop in the same place. Every little helps. my *****!

I've  never been a fan of supermarkets, but credit where credit's due. It was organised with military precision.

18 minutes ago, walshie said:

I'm sure other supermarkets have done or are doing similar, but Tescos are opening at 9 instead of 10 on Sundays just for key workers. I took the mrs to our local Tesco this morning and it was very well organised. Key workers showed ID - no problem Madam. Anyone else who tried getting in were shown where the end of the queue was for the official opening at 10.

Only every other till was open to keep the queues apart and the floor was marked out with tape to keep the 2m between people. 

All in all, very efficient and no argy -bargy from the people who had to wait. Well done Tesco.

My OH is currently looking after 20 dementia patients 2 have tested positive for covid 19. She and my stepdaughter have both just done 13 consecutive shifts.

Tesco, Asda and Morrisons won't allow them to shop early as they don't recognize non NHS nurses/carers. Sainsbury's are currently the only supermarket recognizing all nursing/caring staff. My stepdaughter took her ID and a letter from the local authority describing her role but was still turned away by Morrisons for not being NHS.

1 minute ago, toontastic said:

My OH is currently looking after 20 dementia patients 2 have tested positive for covid 19. She and my stepdaughter have both just done 13 consecutive shifts.

Tesco, Asda and Morrisons won't allow them to shop early as they don't recognize non NHS nurses/carers. Sainsbury's are currently the only supermarket recognizing all nursing/caring staff. My stepdaughter took her ID and a letter from the local authority describing her role but was still turned away by Morrisons for not being NHS.

Strange. My mrs isn't NHS but she got in no problem and so did her colleagues. 

6 minutes ago, walshie said:

Strange. My mrs isn't NHS but she got in no problem and so did her colleagues. 

Tesco press release on this does specify NHS staff showing NHS ID. It looks like your local store is showing a bit common sense.

Unlike my local supermarkets

Edited by toontastic

26 minutes ago, toontastic said:

Tesco press release on this does specify NHS staff showing NHS ID. It looks like your local store is showing a bit common sense.

Unlike my local supermarkets

Fair enough. 👍 Didn't know that.