Social distancing after unlock, the answer!

henry d

10 minutes ago, henry d said:

In the morning there were few people and most stayed well apart, but in the afternoon it was rammed

I always go when the shop (in my case Morrisons) is likely to be quiet - for that very reason.  Indeed in pre Covid times - I did the same - because I regard life as to precious to spend queuing unnecessarily in supermarkets!

At the quiet times I go - it has always been very good (I only go once a fortnight, so a small sample of visits), but anecdotally I hear it is much less good later in the day at busy times.

What I have noticed both when working in my garden and when out for my walk, there is a HUGE increase in traffic again.  My regular walk to the river direct from my house in on unclassified rods, but involves crossing a B road.  Pre Covid you had to wait for a gap in the traffic.  Early lockdown, you didn't usually see a car at all.  Yesterday I counted 12 cars go past before I could cross (and it was a Sunday, so no or at least very few tradesmen).  Virtually all of the cars (they were all cars, not vans, lorries) were driven by single females.  Don't know what they says!

And the cherry on the cake is that on our local news yesterday our area (gateshead) has the highest infection rate in uk ....... and the morons will still act like "it's only a flu like virus".

Boils my wee wee .no thought for others with the opinion "I'M ALRIGHT JACK SOD YOU" 

21 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

And the cherry on the cake is that on our local news yesterday our area (gateshead) has the highest infection rate in uk ....... and the morons will still act like "it's only a flu like virus".

Boils my wee wee .no thought for others with the opinion "I'M ALRIGHT JACK SOD YOU" 

That's not good news, my brother lives there and has underlying health conditions!

2 minutes ago, henry d said:

That's not good news, my brother lives there and has underlying health conditions!

Its not mate .... both me & s.h.m.b.o aren't in the best of health ... the reason I get so agitated by the muppets is I suffer from asthma and due to my mrs health problems I have to do the shopping run.

What part of gateshead does he live mate

26 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

Its not mate .... both me & s.h.m.b.o aren't in the best of health ... the reason I get so agitated by the muppets is I suffer from asthma and due to my mrs health problems I have to do the shopping run.

What part of gateshead does he live mate

Bensham

31 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

Lol about 10 mins away from me 5 miles .

Nigh on neighbours😂

Just spoke with him, he's fine and gets out to the park without too much bother and his work is still shut down which is good.

My daughter is in South Tyneside too, but quite healthy and working from home thankfully.

2 hours ago, henry d said:

Just spoke with him, he's fine and gets out to the park without too much bother and his work is still shut down which is good.

My daughter is in South Tyneside too, but quite healthy and working from home thankfully.

Good to hear I hope it all stays that way for them along with everyone else.

I am getting fed up with all the lies manipulation and blaming by both the government and the media . Any party in power would have the same poop to deal with in a situation that the like has never been known .

But I do believe that they are easing things a bit early as its clear joe public haven't got one eyeota of common sense in the current climate

1 minute ago, hodge911 said:

I do believe that they are easing things a bit early as its clear joe public haven't got one eyeota of common sense in the current climate

I'm agreeing with that - in a way .......... but the other side is that IF Joe Public decides to break the rules en masse - then the police will be largely powerless, and things just go from bad to worse.  A gentle ease may encourage people to be a bit more patient and help keep the situation (at least partially) under control.

45 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

But I do believe that they are easing things a bit early as its clear joe public haven't got one eyeota of common sense in the current climate

You only read about the relatively few people who flout the guidelines. The vast majority of people are abiding by them. 

49 minutes ago, AVB said:

You only read about the relatively few people who flout the guidelines. The vast majority of people are abiding by them. 

Nope !! Our local news showed local beauty spots / country villages (rothbury) just about over run and if social distancing means 6-12" then yea its working ....... not 

And the local supermarkets were the same ...... my sister lives in Whitstable kent and the seafront today was very busy she turned around and didn't take her little dog for its normal walk today because of them ...so based on visual fact not just read 

2 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

Nope !! Our local news showed local beauty spots / country villages (rothbury) just about over run and if social distancing means 6-12" then yea its working ....... not 

And the local supermarkets were the same ...... my sister lives in Whitstable kent and the seafront today was very busy she turned around and didn't take her little dog for its normal walk today because of them ...so based on visual fact not just read 

There are 60+ Million people in the UK. 

13 minutes ago, AVB said:

There are 60+ Million people in the UK. 

Minus nearly 35000 .

So its ok to ignore requested actions to prevent the spread of this terrible disease and put people at risk because there's 60+ million in uk ? That's the same attitude as the muppets overcrowding places . Its not a national holiday its a national emergency...... next you'll be quoting the tosh that the dead people are only a minimum % based on per 100000 people  in population bla bla bla

Get it .... doing stupid things like they are is putting people at risk .... and that's the bottom line ... 

Edited by hodge911

16 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

Minus nearly 35000 .

So its ok to ignore requested actions to prevent the spread of this terrible disease and put people at risk because there's 60+ million in uk ? That's the same attitude as the muppets overcrowding places . Its not a national holiday its a national emergency...... next you'll be quoting the tosh that the dead people are only a minimum % based on per 100000 people  in population bla bla bla

Get it .... doing stupid things like they are is putting people at risk .... and that's the bottom line ... 

No I am not saying it is ok but people get apoplectic about relatively few people not following the guidelines. We have been more compliant than the Government expected us to be and more compliment than other European countries. There will always be the odd muppet so just chill. 

14 hours ago, AVB said:

No I am not saying it is ok but people get apoplectic about relatively few people not following the guidelines. We have been more compliant than the Government expected us to be and more compliment than other European countries. There will always be the odd muppet so just chill. 

This conversation explains imo the meaning of "personal opinions".... mine been its no way acceptable to ignore the guidelines put in place to try and prevent the spread of this terrible disease . You say "relatively few" but relatively few here relatively few there & so on adds up to more than "few" and does become a large risk to public health as will be shown in the second spike ...

Me personally having one of the conditions that puts me at an increased risk ... I'm not in the slightest interested in what other countries are doing I am however VERY INTERESTED in what this country is doing 

Along with all the muppets overcrowding places and ignoring the rules..... 

As a finishing note I have family experience of this covid19 in that my nephew's wife works in one of the large hospital's in london and spent 8 days in intensive care with it having contracted it while working on a "covid ward" .

So if that means I have a twisted outlook on it so be it