CEASE FIRE ear plugs

cartridge

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a pair of Sonic's (which are similar)

I only wear them for live quarry when less shots are fired.. They are not as good as ear muffs despite what anyone says.

Last week I left my muffs in a friends car, so have been shooting the Sonic's on the clays, I've had ringing ears and headaches afer the shoot.

I'm told that muffs also protect the important bones under your skin around your ear, and it's these which need protecting as much as the actual ear canal.

Gary's dead right, muffs are better than any form of plug, because the sound will always "leak" around the side of the plug, no matter how good the fit.

Also muffs keep your ears warm in the Winter, and the metal strip that goes across the top of your head act as protection against falling bits of clay, twice I've been whacked on the head by a sizeable lump that would probably have hurt like hell had I been wearing plugs..!!

Cat.

I like my muffs (:rolleyes:) when shooting clays. But as gary said, i also want a pair of plugs for live quarry shooting. Two reasons are the muffs head band gets in the way of my bush hat and also if i'm with someone else (e.g. on the marshes) then i want to hear them and not get the bunged up feeling with cheaper plugs. FleaBay have ceasefire for £8.49 delivered, got to be worth a go at that price.

Markio,

The plugs I use do allow you to hear more of the background noise and talk, hence why I use them out in the field.

If you go oftern, I'd consider some of these electro ear muff things the bloke with the krieghoff down the local clay target centre uses :rolleyes:

Markio,

The plugs I use do allow you to hear more of the background noise and talk, hence why I use them out in the field.

If you go oftern, I'd consider some of these electro ear muff things the bloke with the krieghoff down the local clay target centre uses :whistling:

I know that guy. Does he have 'Mid-Life Crisis' embroidered on the back of his skeet vest?