Clay v game v cartridges

2 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Some folk will drive miles and miles to save £10-£20 per 1000 carts but don’t take account of the opportunity cost. 

I can order off JC, and have them delivered to my front door whilst I am “in work” working from home, so bring paid to take delivery. 

Don’t have to take home out of my day, don’t have to use the car or fuel, don’t have to drive around to find the mix of cartridges that I want. 

That's a plus, but for me going to the shop is part of shooting, good bit of banter and mickey taking with the owner, have a browse of what new guns he's got in. I think I've missed that as much as anything else over the last year.

After what I've read on here and personal experiences I know not every RFD is like that or if your going in every now and again just to pick up a few boxes or cartridges you can't expect to have that sort of relationship with the bloke.

Swings and roundabouts and all that.

14 hours ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Pretty sure I've seen someone on here using either 8's or maybe even 9's on pigeons. Motty maybe?

You would be correct. I have, on occasion used 8s or 9a to good effect on pigeons. They will kill at 40 yards if the shot is aimed squarely. 

9 hours ago, motty said:

You would be correct. I have, on occasion used 8s or 9a to good effect on pigeons. They will kill at 40 yards if the shot is aimed squarely. 

Thanks for the confirmation. :good:

Guest cookoff013
20 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Some folk will drive miles and miles to save £10-£20 per 1000 carts but don’t take account of the opportunity cost. 

I can order off JC, and have them delivered to my front door whilst I am “in work” working from home, so bring paid to take delivery. 

Don’t have to take home out of my day, don’t have to use the car or fuel, don’t have to drive around to find the mix of cartridges that I want. 

yup.

but i buy from clay grounds.

the one thing shotguns do, is shoot a variety of loads. i remember shooting rabbits with 36g #4 and #2 to great effect. we were ferreting and i was 2nd gun, so i got to shoot the further away shots, after the first gun missed (which wasnt very often and when hes reloading). i can say there was some outstanding long shots.

some were too close too. 

i probably could have an ounce on everything buy the long shots. but they were well worth it. my friend used them as well, he had a box.