Page Hall Sheffield

Blackpowder

I go on what senior police officers and politicians such as David Blunkett say on credible radio 4 news items. That's how I came to understand and form my my opinions around Page Hall Sheffield rather than trying to make events fit how I like to see the world in spite of the evidence. This is further supported by figures presented by Sir Trevor Phillips, former head of the Commission for Racial Equality who stated that 97% of pickpocketing on the underground is carried out by Roma. 

People in that area know what they see and experience.

Having lived in Sheffield most of my life, seen the changes in estates like Page Hall, seen the MANY videos online and driven through the place several times on the way to/from the hospital, I'm inclined to believe the locals. I grew up in a poor estate (now fairly well known for its recent spate of shootings), have lived in several and worked in some dirt-poor schools, but even I'd balk at wandering around areas like Page Hall. They're not poor, some seem far from it, they're openly hostile. Having been labelled from a young age, because of where I grew up and where I went to school, I see the dangers of jumping to conclusions. However evidence, anecdotal, reported, filmed, media-biased or otherwise, leads me to believe a certain amount of caution should be exercised.

My BIL was head at a secondary school in Sheffield until around two years ago when eastern european roma pupils sparked a riot in the school by pulling off the veils/headwear etc of female muslim pupils. Police were called and the school gates were closed and locked, but some of the parents of roma children climbed the fences to get into the school. 

It all grew quite nasty for a while and my BIL asked if the Police could patrol the school until things calmed down, to which the Police said they were undermanned to do so, but could find the manpower if it was funded. It was suggested the relevant pupils were expelled, but my BIL pointed out that this is what they wanted; it was hard enough to get them to attend as it was. 

My BIL handed in his resignation a few months later due to stress. For the doubters, the event was filmed and well documented on mainstream media, including the BBC if I recall. 

3 hours ago, Scully said:

My BIL was head at a secondary school in Sheffield until around two years ago when eastern european roma pupils sparked a riot in the school by pulling off the veils/headwear etc of female muslim pupils. Police were called and the school gates were closed and locked, but some of the parents of roma children climbed the fences to get into the school. 

It all grew quite nasty for a while and my BIL asked if the Police could patrol the school until things calmed down, to which the Police said they were undermanned to do so, but could find the manpower if it was funded. It was suggested the relevant pupils were expelled, but my BIL pointed out that this is what they wanted; it was hard enough to get them to attend as it was. 

My BIL handed in his resignation a few months later due to stress. For the doubters, the event was filmed and well documented on mainstream media, including the BBC if I recall. 

I'll also take this as the sort of thing that shapes my view of the world. The problem being, when I say the BiL of a chap on PW said this or apparently or according to, some may take that as heresay might they not?

56 minutes ago, yod dropper said:

I'll also take this as the sort of thing that shapes my view of the world. The problem being, when I say the BiL of a chap on PW said this or apparently or according to, some may take that as heresay might they not?

But you can also tell them to check it out as it’s all online and actually happened. 🙂