Ignorance of shooting

dazzyboi

Idiots! There's nothing wrong with asking questions! BUT when was it decided that common sense was no longer needed! "Um! Lets just type stupid **** on forums". Rather than simply research the subject properly!.

Again stupid answers! "You'll need an FAC air rifle for over 100yds"! Who'll ever get their hands on a 100ft/lbs air rifle that is needed for this kind of range (beginners that is). Too many think that by exceeding the legal limit, and getting into "FAC" power ranges, that their affective ranges are DOUBLED or even trebled!

Someone had this cool contraption in work which was an air gun. It was basically a dome with some sort of action on it, you pulled it back and let go, it would send out this warp of air across the room, someone did it on me i could feel it about 20m away. Pretty swarve i thought. I could probably take down a few rabbits with it at 100m though.... <_<

Hmm the thread is from the overclockers forum where most of the contributors spend far too much time mucking about with nifty little mods on thier pc's rather than in the real world. Some of the lengths they go to for that extra number on Sandra is pretty impressive - the liquid nitrogen cooled chip was my favourite from some years ago - but basically it comes down to being geeks (holds up hand - been there, done that & still a member of the forum I think).

The closest most get to handling firearms is Halo 3 - or whatever the latest shootem up is (we only have swords & bows & stuff in EQ <_< ) - any wonder that they are a little out of touch with reality!!