Alex Belfield

countryman

7 minutes ago, countryman said:

Not necessarily, he was getting a very big following, hundreds of thousands, he was bringing things to light that the media would not report on and our politicians shy away from. I wouldn’t be surprised if he does more than 2years 6 months.

Extract from the R V Belfield sentencing, from the link posted above.

"Summary of sentences 55. I will now summarise my sentences. For Count 5 concerning Mr Keith, 2 years 6 months imprisonment. For Count 6 concerning Mr Hewis, 2 years 6 months imprisonment to be served consecutively to Count 5. For Count 7 concerning Mr Dehaney, 13 weeks imprisonment to be served consecutively to Count 6. For Count 8 concerning Mr Vine, 13 weeks imprisonment to be served consecutively to Count 7. 56. This amounts to a total of 5 years and 26 weeks imprisonment. This is the shortest sentence commensurate with the seriousness of your offences and application of the principle of totality. 57. You will serve up to one half of this sentence in custody. You will serve the remainder on licence. You must keep to the terms of your licence and commit no further offence or you will be liable to be recalled and you may then serve the rest of your sentence in custody."

Note, "up to one half...", so its possible he could get out earlier and just have a longer "on licence" period.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic