ferret bite

dekaw

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would not be keeping it none of my ferrets ever bit me. infact only time i was bitten was when i took in a stray ferret and that was wild as hell. biting hissing scratching tamed her down in the end though. you should be able to trust your ferrets 100% to recognise your hands no matter what they smell like. :good:

• 4 weeks later...
learnt a valuable lesson last nite ! put my hands into a pitch black hutch whilst they were covered in rabbit blood. result = 1 large hob firmly attached to my wrist ! took nearly a minute to get him off and still very sore today :good: any one know of a good way of removing them should this happen again , tried squeezing his paw but either i was'nt squeezing hard enough or he is one hard b#####d !

The best way is to spit up its nose :/

learnt a valuable lesson last nite ! put my hands into a pitch black hutch whilst they were covered in rabbit blood. result = 1 large hob firmly attached to my wrist ! took nearly a minute to get him off and still very sore today :look: any one know of a good way of removing them should this happen again , tried squeezing his paw but either i was'nt squeezing hard enough or he is one hard b#####d !

The best way is to spit roast it with both thumbs ???

:/:good:

never offer a hand to a ferret ,make sure its allways a closed fist when you first put your hand. offer it knuckles first as they dont bite well in that area when your skin is tight. If you do get bit dont pull away or struggle as this excites the little *******, Just grab them either side of the head and apply pressure to both sides of the jaw or small pressure to the throat. Above all though dont put you hands in if there covered in blood :/:good:

The 1st thing to do is make sure the ferret has all 4 feet on something solid as often they`re just keeping hold for fear of falling.Applying pressure steadily with your index finger,whilst holding the fert firmly around it`s shoulders half way up the nose,just below the where its eyes are works.Well it gets them off rabbits ok.

GH

i find the 2 best ways to get a ferret off your finger is number 1 press gently either side of the jaw putting your fingers in between the ferrets lips and teeth this will open their mouth or secondly if its really holding on push the finger its biting inwards towards the back of its throat this definatly works and it will let go.

however i wouldnt reccomend putting your finger up its *** , i would rather have a ferrets teethmarks in my finger than having a smelly finger(as this is all that would happen)!!!

i hope brightons gay community dont read this forum because the price of ferrets will go up when they all buy one for next years gay rights parade!!

funny old place cheshire lol

STOP PRESS.....................

Taken from the local paper.

"There has been a spate of animal thefts around the Brighton and Hove areas. Ferrrets seem to be the targeted animals along with guinea pigs and rabbits. Police are asking people to be on the lookout for anyone resembling the Village People to contact them."

Well, that's half the population guilty then.... :lol::good:

Enzo

learnt a valuable lesson last nite ! put my hands into a pitch black hutch whilst they were covered in rabbit blood. result = 1 large hob firmly attached to my wrist ! took nearly a minute to get him off and still very sore today :rolleyes: any one know of a good way of removing them should this happen again , tried squeezing his paw but either i was'nt squeezing hard enough or he is one hard b#####d !

Aha!! rookie error..... weve all done it!

what i do is sgeeze lightly/slightly hard on the cheekes=mouth opens usually!

bad luck