8 bore resizer

muncher

Do you have the internal measurements to get one made up? McDougall put this at 0.920” as most suitable in his book 8 bore guns and their cartridges. He cautions about not making the shoulder a sharp edge but adding a slight chamfer. The entrance for the rim is 1.03” and 0.07” deep.

Hope this helps.

37 minutes ago, shakin stevens said:

That's makes two of us , I dont fancy paying clay and games prices !  I have spoke to a contact who actually knows the guy who makes them for clay and game , he is going to see him sometime next week so I will keep you posted. 

Contact Richard Holden I’m sorted now I believe but he might have some available. 

3 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

Do you have the internal measurements to get one made up? McDougall put this at 0.920” as most suitable in his book 8 bore guns and their cartridges. He cautions about not making the shoulder a sharp edge but adding a slight chamfer. The entrance for the rim is 1.03” and 0.07” deep.

Hope this helps.

Yeah just had it  measured up , you are spot with that, my mate had a clay and game one and had to put the slight chamfer in 🤙

Not 8 bore, but I was after a 16 bore resizing tool as I had acquired a load of 16 bore paper cased cartridges for my side by sides. Couldn`t source one so I decided to make one from a chunk of thick plastic type material (not sure what it is) scrounged off a pal. After experimenting, a chamfer was the answer to avoid digging into the case and now works a treat. I was fortunate however, that an 18mm drill bit was the perfect size. Not sure about other bore sizes.

If anyone is still unable to source a resizer, I think that I may be able to get hold of some of the plastic stuff I used so that they can make their own. It`s pretty easy to do and works well.

OB

IMG_1966.JPG

Edited by Old Boggy