22 Hornet Powder Charge, 35grn v-max

22 Hornet Powder Charge. Sellor & Bellot, 13.3grn powder, CCI small rifle primer, 35grn v-max, powder at top of neck, v-max touches powder, now, it's the crunch test. 3250 fps, slightly off at 160 to 180mtr, but gets the job done, slight stretch, but resize, almost K-Hornet. I am happy

Edited by Glyn Morgan

• 1 month later...

you can use any shotgun powder in a 22 hornet. I have also used black powder and had the most accurate results using 35 grain cast lead bullets from a Lyman mould 

i seat the bullet in the lands using a special tool and use much shorter hornet case with black works great more accurate than any factory load I have tried half the speed twice the bang and a lot of smoke 

On 21/09/2021 at 23:19, Glyn Morgan said:

22 Hornet Powder Charge. Sellor & Bellot, 13.3grn powder, CCI small rifle primer, 35grn v-max, powder at top of neck, v-max touches powder, now, it's the crunch test. 3250 fps, slightly off at 160 to 180mtr, but gets the job done, slight stretch, but resize, almost K-Hornet. I am happy

What barrel length? Have you tried 40 grain v-max, you should find they’re more accurate past 150 than the 35 grain as they seem to struggle a bit at those ranges.