Simply sublime!

Scully

43 minutes ago, Wylye said:

The gun trade doesn't like them much so prices of used ones tend to be quite low. 

True. I haven’t met a dealer yet who is keen, except those who have one to sell, but prices on GT start in the high hundreds for basic old models, up to 23 grand for a ‘Tiger’. 

18 hours ago, Scully said:

I rate very much their 30g 6 Pigeon Select, which I have had some exceptional kills with on pigeon and corvids. Have never tried them on game. 

I would rate the HV's are 9.5/10 and your RC's 10/10 so nowt much in it sir, you could always be maverick and have HV's in 1st barrel and RC's in 2nd. . . . in fact I'm sitting here smiling knowing that I'm going to give it a go with that combo, , , , what could possibly go wrong!

16 hours ago, Scully said:

True. I haven’t met a dealer yet who is keen, except those who have one to sell, but prices on GT start in the high hundreds for basic old models, up to 23 grand for a ‘Tiger’. 

It would be a brave man who spent a lot of money on one but a Daytona for a few hundred quid is a great buy. If you're a serial gun changer then don't even consider it.

3 hours ago, Wylye said:

It would be a brave man who spent a lot of money on one but a Daytona for a few hundred quid is a great buy. If you're a serial gun changer then don't even consider it.

Sorry, I meant you’ll find many a Gamba for a few 100, but I doubt you’ll find a Daytona for less than 1200. 
Mine cost me 1600 at least 8 years ago, and was offered the same for it by someone in the syndicate a couple of years ago, despite him knowing the stock had been repaired. 
Dealers however, like you say, just don’t like them. It would be interesting to know just how much they PX’d those for on GT. 🙂