Took a tumble...........

Pedro

I came off the bike on Thursday, only doing 15mph ish, and I reckon it might be a write off. :lol:

I've completely trashed the headlight and front o/s, put a hole in the rocker cover and scratched the whole n/s from front to back.

Needless to say, not a happy bunny :lol:

Luckily all I've got are a few bumps and bruises and a very bruised ego, (it's been nearly 12 years since I last came off).

A Tesco lorry came to a standstill to let a Flippin horse lorry turn left, I was right behind it, the lorry drove off, I looked down at the clocks, looked back up and the lorry had stopped, (I reckon he missed a gear), front brake on, skid, (peeing down with rain), off the brakes, rear bumper, brake again, down I went, hit the bumper, bike flipped and off I came.

All my fault, but boy am I gutted.

On the plus side though, Mrs P. has suggested I get a new bike in the interim between mine being mended and then it being sold, (I need a bike to get in for early turn).

Maybe every cloud does have a silver lining :lol:

P.

Dave, that sort of thing seems to happen all too often. A good friend of mine got killed at a T junction because the driver behind didn't see him and shunted him out into the middle of the road. It's not like a 'Blade is an invisible bike either...

I got told a long time ago that I was not allowed a bike. I came back from a pillion ride on a VFR800 and as soon as the ex-wife saw the huge grin on my face, she told me no. Strange really... I now drive like a grandad, but that's mainly because I have a comfy 4x4 and it likes to cruise at 65. I think driving the ex-police Omega cured me of any boy racer habits. Strange really, it took 235 bhp to make me realise it wasn't worth driving fast.

Glad you are ok though Pedro. Rather a bike broken than you.

I have to have one to get into work for earlies.

The trains don't start early enough, congestion charges are too steep, (although it's looking like little sub litre cars may be exempt next year), and there's nowhere to park.

I made an enquiry with a dealer down in Surrey last night at 11.00pm and got the reply I was after at 11.30pm ! How's that for service?

A brand new Fireblade in Repsol colours that I've lusted after for years now, should be sitting in my garage by Wednesday - hurrah!

P.

Looks like they're going to write it off. The next big question is for how much?

A penny to a pinch of salt it wont be what I think it's worth :blush:

P.

You can almost guarantee that. The only thing you hear of people getting the true worth back on these days is carpets when it comes to claims