Big guns

derbyduck

Hi guys I had  a look on Holts sealed bids sale today and they have a good amount of big bore gun  for sale ,also a few in the obsolete calibre , 4 ,8,10 s  and if you fancy a big banger there's a massive muzzle loading 5 bore rampart gun !

1 hour ago, derbyduck said:

Hi guys I had  a look on Holts sealed bids sale today and they have a good amount of big bore gun  for sale ,also a few in the obsolete calibre , 4 ,8,10 s  and if you fancy a big banger there's a massive muzzle loading 5 bore rampart gun !

I was told by a gunshop employee that the 1 person who was buying big bores stopped and the market is flooded (Giles Marriott have 72!)

I did watch the live auction and few of the big bores even got a bid, which may mean bargains for someone

13 minutes ago, kevin55 said:

I was told by a gunshop employee that the 1 person who was buying big bores stopped and the market is flooded (Giles Marriott have 72!)

I did watch the live auction and few of the big bores even got a bid, which may mean bargains for someone

If I was younger I think it would be worth having a punt on a couple of those eights ,but may be time for a fourten  and TSS !

They don’t seem to be selling and prices are down at least 50% if those are anything to go by. There are some bargains there if they are as good as they look. A lot have come to the market over the last couple of years and one big buyer has pulled out and has been selling his enormous collection. May also be the fear of losing lead but as wildfowling guns that shouldn’t be an issue. Bismuth is fine and you don’t fire many shots anyway.

What are the 8's under I cant find them,  amused to see one single 410 with a pitted and loose barrel expected price range of £1 to £2...... very handy for someone on a budget

ah just found them, there are some nice small bores as well

Edited by islandgun

10 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

They don’t seem to be selling and prices are down at least 50% if those are anything to go by. There are some bargains there if they are as good as they look. A lot have come to the market over the last couple of years and one big buyer has pulled out and has been selling his enormous collection. May also be the fear of losing lead but as wildfowling guns that shouldn’t be an issue. Bismuth is fine and you don’t fire many shots anyway.

That's what I heard about 1 big buyer