Virginia outdoor sportsman show

simcgunner

A large outdoor show Gear.Trips,Archery,Fishing, TV Celebs, Deer Taxidermy contest Teaching seminars, Kids Free Decoy making. Anyone Stateside near Virginia . stop by and say hello. I will be at the Virginia Waterfowlers Association booth helping kids make and paint a decoy. More info on Facebook.

decoy painting.jpg

Edited by simcgunner

That is fantastic. Reminds me of a visit to Texas Parks and Wildlife show where a real nice guy was talking to kids about gun safety. He had a nice 20 gauge in his hand open.

He then asked the kids what they should wear when shooting and the kids responded by calling ...glasses...orange vest etc etc and a young lady dressed a huge water melon which the guy had name hunting buddy Bob. At the end he asked the kids if that was all they needed to be safe and they all shouted yes....he imediately dropped a shell in the chamber closed the gun, turned and blew hunting buddy Bob to smithreens.    The kids where shocked and he then said you forgot one most important thing, never ever point the muzzle of your gun at a person because all that safety gear will not save his life if the gun goes off.   About 50 kids walked away very well educated.

On 01/08/2022 at 10:57, Walker570 said:

That is fantastic. Reminds me of a visit to Texas Parks and Wildlife show where a real nice guy was talking to kids about gun safety. He had a nice 20 gauge in his hand open.

He then asked the kids what they should wear when shooting and the kids responded by calling ...glasses...orange vest etc etc and a young lady dressed a huge water melon which the guy had name hunting buddy Bob. At the end he asked the kids if that was all they needed to be safe and they all shouted yes....he imediately dropped a shell in the chamber closed the gun, turned and blew hunting buddy Bob to smithreens.    The kids where shocked and he then said you forgot one most important thing, never ever point the muzzle of your gun at a person because all that safety gear will not save his life if the gun goes off.   About 50 kids walked away very well educated.

I had to read that twice.  I thought he shot someone just to prove a point! 😅