Feral Pigeons

Goldfish

Just sitting down to a well deserved beer following a couple of hours after dark clearing 2 barns of feral pigeons using a red light head torch and a Walther CP88 co2 pistol and open sights 😁

Great fun and job done👍

92 birds in total

IMG_6300.jpeg.721998cee3b1078542025b8780ba8c4f.jpeg

Edited by Goldfish

19 hours ago, dogger said:

fantail doves?

No just ferals, most white some speckled or mixed

14 hours ago, old'un said:

The locals will be asking where all the lovely white doves have gone.:whistling:

They were asked not to feed them so much 😆

Edited by Goldfish

Good job there that is a lot of birds. They create an awful lot of mess and health risk with excrement in the food.

I do a few barns but use the air rifle with nv. Not so easy off sticks to find them sometimes. Lots of fun when they drop in the calf pens. 😇

8 minutes ago, oowee said:

Good job there that is a lot of birds. They create an awful lot of mess and health risk with excrement in the food.

I do a few barns but use the air rifle with nv. Not so easy off sticks to find them sometimes. Lots of fun when they drop in the calf pens. 😇

It is indeed and I do the same on most occasions but for low wooden trusses stone barns it’s great to get the pistol out, even a 12ftlb rifle would punch a hole in the roof at that range but a co2 pistol is perfect as it’s less that 2 ftlb