Picking up day 2

Dave at kelton

Sorry about the quality but I had to compress to upload. Hope this gives a feel for why I love training and working the dogs and the scale of landscape we work in. Nothing gives me greater satisfaction than watching the dogs use their experience and nose to pick birds that would otherwise be left as the brae face is too dangerous for us. These two boys will tackle the near vertical rock and scree up and down faultlessly with more energy than I can muster.

Yep, as beautiful as the landscape is, it looks hard going, I bet you and the dogs don't take much rocking when you hit the sack, not a place for smokers, old men or dogs.

With such hard going for the dogs (and handler) do you find the dogs have a shorter working life?

As you say, shame about the video quality, dont know what you use to resize your videos, but this free online converter works well...https://www.onlineconverter.com/resize-video

57 minutes ago, old'un said:

Yep, as beautiful as the landscape is, it looks hard going, I bet you and the dogs don't take much rocking when you hit the sack, not a place for smokers, old men or dogs.

With such hard going for the dogs (and handler) do you find the dogs have a shorter working life?

As you say, shame about the video quality, dont know what you use to resize your videos, but this free online converter works well...https://www.onlineconverter.com/resize-video

Been using shrinkvid so will try the above.

I am old…pension in November and yep,sleep like a log after a day on the hill. Seriously I am pretty fit and a couple of weeks and I will be “hill fit”. The dogs don’t work two consecutive days unless it’s absolutely necessary. They tend to work to 11 or 12 years old then they decide they don’t want to do it any more. I personally think it almost extends their working life because it keeps them so fit.

Team of guns yesterday were Americans and fascinated by how we work and train the dogs. Was good they showed so much interest in something very different to their experience at home.