Sandringham Fair

Pushandpull

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went today. 15 October. One...yes ONE...trader selling shotguns of which he had five or six on display only. Including a 10 bore AyA SBS. Lots of burger stalls at £10 for one burger, £4 a portion of chips, £4 a coffee. A have a go clay stand at £15 for fourteen clays and they were selling cartridges and I got a box of twenty-five Eley 16 bore VIP Game for £10 which I thought reasonable. A have a go airsoft stand and a have a go air rifle stand and that was it for the so called "gunmakers village".

Good shows in the area and elsewhere two marquees of meat products, gins, cheeses and etc.. Lots of the usual sellers of clothes, shoes, bags, and etc. but no sellers of game equipment (think drinkers, feeders, game feeds, peg markers and that. A row of dog related products and a tent of hamsters. Admission was £15 per person. Would I go again? No. Do I begrudge the £15? Not really as wasn't a bad show unless you were looking to buy a gun in which case don't go.

Marquee of fly fishing kit for sale and free casting lessons (on grass) also. A chainsaw carving demonstration and a thirty foot climbing tower. Interesting display by Norfolk Constabulary and good gundog demonstrations in the arena plus ferret racing. Lastly. Nobody from our friends from the travelling community.

There was also a clay pigeon competion. Vendors elsewhere selling gun slips, cammo clothing and the like. And a seller of binoculars of, I guess, Chinese make with a European or American sounding name. Not at all crowded and I drove straight in from the Wolferton side and parked but fifty yards from the entrance.