Shotgun certificate counter sign

cartridge

I refer you to a previous post of mine:

Part E Declaration

I/We declare that the statements made on this form are true.

I/We understand that I will be subject to a check of police records and that my details may be held on computer. It is an offence for any person to knowingly or recklessly make a statement which is false in any material particular for the purpose of procuring either for himself or for another person the grant or renewal of a shot gun certificate.

The maximum penalty is six months imprisonment and/or a fine.

If the form says, By a person who has known you for a minimum of two years, then that is exactly what it means, not 1 year, ten months, two weeks and four days. If your happy to break the rules that govern your authority to process, then you've no right processing a firearm. Get it right, stay legal and keep yourself and your referee out of court, or you'll both be up for Firearms Offences. And as the man on the Tele says, "I don't believe you want to do that".

cartridge

It says what it means. May I suggest that you either find another countersignatory, or wait untill your prefered option has know you for two years.

Was it your mate that was refused due to his lack of honesty? If so I would have thought that you would have learned something from that!

webber