Sycamore Sheffield

Centrepin

Credit where its due. Re opened quietly about a month ago. Old staff gone, but 1 of the old remains but doing the work of 3.

As a regular I'm asked each visit what do you think of the layout. He asks all the regulars. 

I've given constructive criticism, so have others and this week it was a really good set up.

A credit to the two lads who are doing the work. Not an easy course today but well worth it. Only a couple of no birds and some challenging clays. All stands tested first.

They've picked up all the empties and rubbish from the last 2 - 3 years put out bins and clearer signage. Mown the grass and cleared the range too.

Well worth it now if you're in the area.

Yes, to be honest I'd never much spoken to him before and took him as one of the lazy. However he's proved me wrong by doing the work of 3, he must have been hampered before. That's why I think it needs the support of locals so it stays open this time.

Just imagine the work of clearing empty cartridge cases from at least 2 years plus all the cardboard cartons and other associated rubbish. No easy task. Must have filled more than 1 skip.

2 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Yes, to be honest I'd never much spoken to him before and took him as one of the lazy. However he's proved me wrong by doing the work of 3, he must have been hampered before. That's why I think it needs the support of locals so it stays open this time.

Just imagine the work of clearing empty cartridge cases from at least 2 years plus all the cardboard cartons and other associated rubbish. No easy task. Must have filled more than 1 skip.

Its not too far from me. Could you please tell me when do they shoot and what disciplines. Also clay cost ,would be much appreciated to know,

Thanks 👍

7 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

Its not too far from me. Could you please tell me when do they shoot and what disciplines. Also clay cost ,would be much appreciated to know,

Thanks 👍

Currently it's just Sundays starting at 1000, 50 bird, £15. If you go round again it's £10.

There's no card system it's an honesty shoot.

It's set up for DTL, & compaq also. Currently the traps are all used for sport. Every shoot is different as traps are locked away. Not enough people to run differant disciplines. It's also cleared for practical shotgun but they have no plans to introduce that.

Very informal, just pay on way in then you're left to your self. Score cards are available free if you want them but I don't bother.

Today 7 stands, 4 of which pairs or on report the others singles. There's also a beginner's stand, ideal for kids.

There's also a promise of Tuesday or Thursday evening shoots if the interest is there.