The Good Old Days

silver_fox

Was just clearing out the **** that accumulates in the gun safe and I came across an old FAC, and under the heading "Firearms Possessed or Authorised to be Purchased or Acquired" was written:

Firearms Possesed:

9mm Pistol - Beretta

.45 Pistol - Colt

.357/38 Revolver - Smith & Wesson

.44 Revolver - Smith & Wesson

.45 Pistol - Springfield

.22 Pistol - Walther

To be purchased:

.22 Pistol

Has banning legally owned handguns has reduced the number of gun crimes? I don't think so!

Unfortunately I put the pistols into storage with a gun dealer in London whilst I was away travelling. When the Government's pathetic knee jerk reaction from Dunblane happened, the dealer had gone bust and 'done a runner', my pistols had just disappeared, presumably cut up and dumped at sea like so many others. Real shame, my S&W Mod 686 in .357 mag was the most accurate gun I've ever owned and the 9mm Beretta semi auto was the most fun.

Now, some years later I've decided to get back into shooting, and have got permissions for pest control on 150 acres and am hoping that my new FAC will be dropping through the door this week, then I'm straight off to pick up a CZ .22 LR & a CZ .223, both with moderators. (fingers crossed).

When it arrives I'll post a more detailed message about my whole application process which may help others trying to get their FAC granted.

I've always kept my Shotgun cert renewed and enjoy shooting the odd clay, but the best day of the year is the 'Beaters Shoot' when us paupers who spend all winter flushing pheasants for 'posh nobs' get to have a go at driven birds and at least pretend that we're 'posh nobs' for the day! I gladly give up a days paid work every week in the season to get wet, cold and tired to go beating. If you haven't tried it give it a go, you'll meet some great people.

Unfortunately I put the pistols into storage with a gun dealer in London whilst I was away travelling. When the Government's pathetic knee jerk reaction from Dunblane happened, the dealer had gone bust and 'done a runner', my pistols had just disappeared, presumably cut up and dumped at sea like so many others. Real shame, my S&W Mod 686 in .357 mag was the most accurate gun I've ever owned and the 9mm Beretta semi auto was the most fun.

Now, some years later I've decided to get back into shooting, and have got permissions for pest control on 150 acres and am hoping that my new FAC will be dropping through the door this week, then I'm straight off to pick up a CZ .22 LR & a CZ .223, both with moderators. (fingers crossed).

When it arrives I'll post a more detailed message about my whole application process which may help others trying to get their FAC granted.

I've always kept my Shotgun cert renewed and enjoy shooting the odd clay, but the best day of the year is the 'Beaters Shoot' when us paupers who spend all winter flushing pheasants for 'posh nobs' get to have a go at driven birds and at least pretend that we're 'posh nobs' for the day! I gladly give up a days paid work every week in the season to get wet, cold and tired to go beating. If you haven't tried it give it a go, you'll meet some great people.

I hope it all goes smoothly for you silver fox :good: and :good:

Mark

my pistols had just disappeared, presumably cut up and dumped at sea like so many others.

or sold back onto the streets, one or two dodgy bobbies got into a lot of bother for it, if i remember right.

Fantastic GUNS DUMPED AT SEA it sounds a bit fishy to me,.......fish mafia..... sharks are dangerous enough without guns,is that where the film the codfarther was made :good::good: