Blaser F3

Griff36

I have been clay pigeon shooting for the past 6 months and my S/H Browning 325 has served me well. I'am looking at splashing out on a new/vgood SH O/U shotgun as I have decided that clay shooting is for me.

I was thinking of getting a Mirouku but after reading posts on Pigeon Watch I am now thinking in investing in a Blaser F3.

My question is, are they as good as some members some say, are they reliable and do they offer a good pattern.

Any ideas on the best place to buy one from would be much appreciated.

Regards, Griff :good:

I wouldn't give mine up for any gun on the market.

I have only had one issue with mine and however frustrating it was, it was down to cleaning and nothing else.

The only issue I am aware of which was common to them was a sticky top lever, but as long as the "bite" was greased this was not a problem.

They are supposed to be the same but they differ slightly as the weights can be adjusted easily in the stock to suit the balance you like. I haven't touched mine as it seems to float in the air and moves with very little effort.

The triggers took some getting used to, not because there is anything wrong with them it was more to do with them being so different to my Winchester.

If you do buy one you won't look back

My friend Graham, who runs Gundeals, has a Blaser and I have shot with it. Slightly bizarre as it feels light, but isn't too light - almost no recoil. It seems to handle very, very well. Looks well engineered. My only reservation was that he had a Sporter. I prefer Trap guns and would have welcome a go with one.

They end up an expensive buy though- You normally have to purchase an Essex postcode to go with it.

On a serious note I have looked into the Blaser's and they are an extremely fine gun where they can be totally customized to suit the individual. Many have said they are expensive, but if you think of what customization you can have with them- you would only get that with bespoke English Gunmakers when spending 30 or 40 grand.

Regards starlight32