shooting pheasants with an airrilfe

dohnut

hi all

just a quick question can you shoot with an air rifle pheasants at side of a non public highway(B Road single lane)) without going on farmers land to collect them

thanks in advance

Looks like someones bored! A little obvious with a user name like Dohnut!

hi all

just a quick question can you shoot with an air rifle pheasants at side of a non public highway(B Road single lane)) without going on farmers land to collect them

thanks in advance

im not bored just wanna know if illegal ,dont wanna get done of police or farmer for poaching

hi all

thanks in advance

im not bored just wanna know if illegal ,dont wanna get done of police or farmer for poaching

hi all

thanks in advance

Well then! For starters a B road or any road where the public have access IS a public highway. If the road is private and you have permission then and only then could you shoot there. Seeing as you are concerned about where you could collect them from i doubt you have permission and would be breaking the law.

An air rifle is not the correct weapon for dispatching Pheasant, a Pheasant is a game bird not a pest!

You should only ever shoot quarry that is still with an air rifle! Not at birds in flight!

Go to the B.A.S.C site for information on the ONLY species you should be considering.

hi all

thanks in advance

Well then! For starters a B road or any road where the public have access IS a public highway. If the road is private and you have permission then and only then could you shoot there. Seeing as you are concerned about where you could collect them from i doubt you have permission and would be breaking the law.

An air rifle is not the correct weapon for dispatching Pheasant, a Pheasant is a game bird not a pest!

You should only ever shoot quarry that is still with an air rifle! Not at birds in flight!

Go to the B.A.S.C site for information on the ONLY species you should be considering.

hi all

thanks in advance

I presume from your question that you live in a caravan on somebody elses field,you speak with a unfathamable irish acsent your computer has probably got property of some school stamped on the side and you are working just round the corner and you have a load of tarmac left over so would i like my drive done. :good:

hi all

thanks in advance

I presume from your question that you live in a caravan on somebody elses field,you speak with a unfathamable irish acsent your computer has probably got property of some school stamped on the side and you are working just round the corner and you have a load of tarmac left over so would i like my drive done. :no:

:mad: i noticed a few loose tiles on your roof sir :good:

hi all

thanks in advance

I presume from your question that you live in a caravan on somebody elses field,you speak with a unfathamable irish acsent your computer has probably got property of some school stamped on the side and you are working just round the corner and you have a load of tarmac left over so would i like my drive done. :good:

:mad::no: :no: :no:

I've heard it all now........... Airifle on pheasant

Tread carefully gentlemen, I think we have a possible anti trying infiltrate the site and cohearse us into condemnation.

Now you think about it though..............

when I open the cabinet tonite as I am going foxing to I have to think twice over the .243 or the .22 BSA ultra?

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe instead of driving around in a car waving an air rifle out the window and attracting a potentially lethal response from the law enforcement authority's you should get yourself a decent suit, dress yourself up a bit so you look nice and presentable then go see some farmers or game keepers in your local area. As long as your polite and you show an interest in preservation of land, stock etc and understand why certain vermin must be controlled you shouldn't have a problem finding land to shoot on. If you do find somewhere to shoot try and avoid shooting at pheasants whether they are in the air or on the ground unless you want an angry game keeper phoning the police.