Hares & Rabbits

philapper

Went for a walk around the shoot yesterday and bagged a couple of rabbits. On the back I spooked another couple of rabbits followed by a pair of big Hartlies (Hares). Do they usually live together? I didn't think they did.

Before anyone asks I didn't bag one (tempting as is was!!!)

Mack

I think it must have been the late 70's early 80's, Hows shooting in yorkshire, I used to shoot in Bawtry a few years ago, cracking little shoot, Plenty of Hartlies around there!!!!! I remember shooting my first bolting from a wood, I think the line of guns thought I was going to pepper the beaters!!! Still I was only 16 and the adrenaline was pumping but a good result. Perhap a topic for a forum could be memorable first shooting experiences?

What about pipkins the pig, and I think it was an ostrich which if I recall was a bit scary. I'll try and get a video clip and post it!!!! or send the link. Clan chief, at a wild guess your between 30 and 36 ? that seems to be the age that everyone remembers good old Hartlie!!!!!!!!

Just checked out the link. He he, how dated does it look?!! Great fun though.

Phil..shooting still good in Yorkshire, my first encounter with a hartley was when I was 5. Walking with my grandpa and lurcher, the dog sped off after hartley. I ran after them (a little bit slower) and came across the catch around the corner of a wood. I was as proud as you can be and carried it all the way home , thruogh the village, with it over my shoulder. It was hard work, the hares ears dragged along the ground behind me I was so small. Ill always remember that.