Ooops! 😳

Scully

Went to feed the ferrets as usual a while ago and noticed feed and water in a spare hutch we have, and discovered what is just about the biggest ferret I’ve ever seen curled up fast asleep in its bed. 
Phoned mate who told me he’d set a few traps after his neighbours chickens had been wiped out, and didn’t want his going the same way. This ferret was the result. It was a hob apparently, but all I ever saw of it was it curled up, despite me prodding it now and again to get a better look. 
Anyhow, went to feed them the other night and discovered this…..

image.jpeg.fdd50ca6a63cf97a2fc3de9e80a29c8d.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Scully said:

Went to feed the ferrets as usual a while ago and noticed feed and water in a spare hutch we have, and discovered what is just about the biggest ferret I’ve ever seen curled up fast asleep in its bed. 
Phoned mate who told me he’d set a few traps after his neighbours chickens had been wiped out, and didn’t want his going the same way. This ferret was the result. It was a hob apparently, but all I ever saw of it was it curled up, despite me prodding it now and again to get a better look. 
Anyhow, went to feed them the other night and discovered this…..

image.jpeg.fdd50ca6a63cf97a2fc3de9e80a29c8d.jpeg

Are you sure it wasn't a mink. They can chew through wood. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 18/12/2022 at 10:50, Ian willetts said:

My oldest polecat used to escape regularly chewing holes in his cage but never ventured far and never bothered the chickens and he is a good size has not escaped his new cage as yet 

Mates GF has about three ferrets as pets. She tells me one ( always the same one ) regularly escapes and she can’t figure out how it gets out!

It can’t get out of the house obviously but she comes home regularly to find just two in the pen and the other ‘somewhere’ in the house!