Shooting in Florida

Pykie

Best ask one of the American members on here, from the horses mouth so to speak.  I have done a fair bit of dove and wildfowling in Texas but on a very large private ranch we rented at the time. We just purchased the necessary game licenses.    Beeware the 'planted' bird shoots where you agree a number of birds for the 'hunt' and almost minutes before you reach the cover the birds will be released and in some really bad cases actually be in cages which can be remotely opened as you approach.

If you do find a place then call in at Cabelas and buy yourself a pair of snake chaps as you might upset a 'wriggly stick' or two.

I'm sure our American members will have better info.

Not sure about Florida cost but in NC out of state yearly hunting license is ridiculous.  I think it was $100 last time I checked.  Two ways to hunt dove is to pay fields witch cost $50-$2500 a day.  ($2500 normally comes with safari style tents, butler/guy who picks up shells and a served meal, $50 you bring your own bucket to sit own.  Or you can have free use of the many public fields.  But they are normally pretty full.  You can reserve a spot for like $7.   Many farmers have different offerings.  The $75 field I hunted last year had a cart that came around and gave free drinks and hotdogs.  

The best hunting is when you have shooters all around the field so the dove stay flying.  Or a small field.  If the field get too large  or not enough shooters the dove will just land on the opposite side as you.  

a day trip to a licensed shooting preserve is very easy to organize when your there. The hunt can be extremely thrifty or very posh depending on your budget. low end cost for a day with a guide and dog including preserve license about 100 -175 dollars. up too 2000 .dollars daily for 5 star food, lodging and riding in a mule wagon watching pointers find and cockers flush or riding horseback(western style not English style)

• 2 weeks later...

Alabama and Louisiana uped the bounty on nutria to 6$ if I remember correctly.  I think boa snake has a large bounty, 50$ for the first 4 feet and $25 per foot after 4.  But you have to take a wildlife class to get the bounty on Boas. 

Walmart sells the G magnum in 25cal for $189.  It will sling lead 25cal at 825-850fps.  I thinking about getting one myself.  They have cheaper ones also. 27679E27-F0CB-4CEE-8C1E-169F48EFCDB0.png.3dad271df7bf100593ba922f33e73732.png