BERETTA 303 Semi auto.

Westley

4 minutes ago, Velocette said:

I've got one here that I took out of a 302 that measures 44cm (17 5/16" ) . I was replacing a lot of parts trying to cure a fault so it may still have some life in it until a new one is available.

Thank you for your kind offer, but a new(ish) spring is 49cm long. I wonder if that spring you have is the 391 spring, that is around 1" shorter than a 303 spring when New. I know, I was sold one a few years ago   🙄

50 minutes ago, ilovemyheckler said:

Have you tried contacting GMK?

No, the last time I tried them I was told to go through my local dealer  ??

This spring is not for me, a friend that I taught to shoot and helped him get his first gun has a problem with a cracked cocking rod. That has been welded but I suspect the cause to be the main spring being too weak. I propose to use the newish spring from my 303, to keep him shooting and then source a couple of new ones.

5 hours ago, Andy H said:

I you are after Beretta spare's try Brignoliarmi They sorted me out with a A300 locking block for £35-00 that GMK wanted £138-00 for , They are not far away from Beretta in italy and do send to the UK.  https://www.brignoliarmi.com/

Andy,  thank you for that. I shall keep that just in case anything else should occur. I put a new locking block in a 300 that I have, but again, I put the damage of that down to the spring needing renewing. The one in my 300 was almost 2" shorter than a new spring. Some suppliers have been selling 390 onwards springs for 300 to 303 guns and they are too short.