First ever BSA.

Anthony 666

Did a fair bit of shooting with shotgun but they've finally all gone now one by one always kept a few air rifles only ever hunted not so much with the air rifle until the last few years had a fair few different makes always fancied a R10 but that cloud hanging over it about it's reliability always put me off until now It's been a long time coming l actually went in for a coat 🤔 gone home with a BAS R10 SE in 177 . Hawke Sidewinder 30sf 4.5-14x44 held on with sportsmatch mounts not actually tried it yet weather's been horrendous first decent day I'll be out testing pellets at the moment I've got JSB exact 8.44 . JSB EXACT HEAVY 10.34. AA field 8.4. BISLEY MAGNUM 10.6.  H&N field target trophy 8.5 anything else l should be trying ill be grateful for your help how many pellets of each should l be putting through to give a good indication if they are suitable is it also better to clean the barrel in-between makes ?lookin forward to a few hours get a few targets out at different distances see how they go 👍20230314_204848.jpg.d89986fe863fe0d4edeb12e790f8feed.jpg

Edited by Anthony 666

Welcome Anthony, that's a lovely coat you bought 😅😅

not sure if I've shot H&N ft through my R10, but I've shot all the other pellets you've got, in 4.52 and you would struggle to choose between them.

I was told don't clean the barrel and I haven't,  I'd say shoot ten pellets,  take your time then shoot two five shot groups, don't adjust anything just aim at the same points,  and look for which pellets group the best.

Start at 20mtrs,  make it easy.

I'd even set the scope so your hitting an inch left of your POA to keep looking at a clean aim point.

Choose the best pellet then push the distance. 

I'm shooting heavies, but the barrel isn't pellet fusy.

17 hours ago, Mice! said:

Welcome Anthony, that's a lovely coat you bought 😅😅

not sure if I've shot H&N ft through my R10, but I've shot all the other pellets you've got, in 4.52 and you would struggle to choose between them.

I was told don't clean the barrel and I haven't,  I'd say shoot ten pellets,  take your time then shoot two five shot groups, don't adjust anything just aim at the same points,  and look for which pellets group the best.

Start at 20mtrs,  make it easy.

I'd even set the scope so your hitting an inch left of your POA to keep looking at a clean aim point.

Choose the best pellet then push the distance. 

I'm shooting heavies, but the barrel isn't pellet fusy.

6 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

As for pellets - Your selection is spot on. Only fill it to 200 bar for now while pellet testing -once you have chosen, you can push the pressures up and run it down and see how the groups hold together at the extreems  .nice gun 

Cheers lad's soon as a suitable day weather wise comes around I'll be out hopefully things go to plan 🤞

Depending if you are wanting to test your accuracy or the gun / pellet making a rife rest might be an idea 

I was new to air rifle and found the whole holding the gun steady and aiming after 40 years of making sure I did not stop and aim with a 12 bore !

lovley looking bsa mines a bit more agricultural 

as for pellets always find myself going back to JSB’s 

Agriv8

BD7FE048-592F-4320-AFC6-52F6087CD018.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

Depending if you are wanting to test your accuracy or the gun / pellet making a rife rest might be an idea 

I was new to air rifle and found the whole holding the gun steady and aiming after 40 years of making sure I did not stop and aim with a 12 bore !

Agriv8

Err, your thermal is on a rat 🤢 hope you gave it a good clean.

Mice if you knew what the rat was on when I shot it 🤢🤮🤢 - but prime beef cattle tend to produce quite a large amount ! 

yes gets a clean most times out ! The rats don’t get cleaned but left for farmer to deal with and prove that just because he ain’t seeing them does not mean they are not about . Currently he’s lambing all hours of day and night - nipped in to see him this afternoon and his first comment was he has not seen one rats  this year !after first 100 or so lambs are out !

8 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Err, your thermal is on a rat 🤢 hope you gave it a good clean.

Edited by Agriv8

1 hour ago, Agriv8 said:

Agriv8

At the moment trying to find the best pellet for the gun can sort a rest out gor the job in hand 👍

Nice nights sport you've had yourself by the looks well done 👌

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

What the  rat ? 

How do you clean em 🤔

He cleaned its clock. 😉

1 hour ago, Agriv8 said:

Mice if you knew what the rat was on when I shot it 🤢🤮🤢 - but prime beef cattle tend to produce quite a large amount ! 

yes gets a clean most times out ! The rats don’t get cleaned but left for farmer to deal with and prove that just because he ain’t seeing them does not mean they are not about . Currently he’s lambing all hours of day and night - nipped in to see him this afternoon and his first comment was he has not seen one rats  this year !after first 100 or so lambs are out !

😅😅