Skoda Yeti With Opening Sun Roof

wymberley

Cheers, Both.

I got mine 'used' and the first thing I did was to sort out a proper spare wheel. Rest assured, nothing in the boot and no mention of a dedicated tool in the handbook but it does mention  the required tool is a 4mm (SW4) Allen key.

Wasn't aware of that; mine runs as smooth as silk. If you read the handbook one might think that there is the possible cause of the problem because of the complexity and poor English technical translation of the operating procedures under certain conditions.

Following an horrendous downpour the nearside A pillar drain let go and I had a soaking footwell. Prevention is better than cure so had both sorted. All well now.

However, with the thought of a possible fault in mind I decided to have a look at the emergency system on the grounds that if I do get a fault it'll be while the roof is open, I'm in the middle of nowhere and it's just about to throw it down. Turned out to be a good idea. Dropping the spec's box sounds easy but in practice is a bit of a fiddle and a dry (pun unintended) run is no bad thing - just wait until you try to put it back, but in fairness by this time my back was killing me - far too old for this sort of carry on now. Worthy of note is the fact that a 4mm Allen key was too big. An 1/8" is a tad slack fit but probably OK but not ideal and naturally a 3mm is even a little more loose. A 'T' handle key is the best option so I've ordered a 9/64" and a 4mm version and will trim the best option as necessary.

Please just don't tell me, anyone, that there should have been one in the boot. :mad: