Warranty advice please

Arley

Hi Everyone,

Is it worth extending the warranty on my sons 2010 Navara, it came with a 12month one which he has not needed to use then to extend it have been quoted £315.82 by Handler warranty, will it be worth it or am i wasting my money?

Thank you

That's a tricky one , if ya do and nothing goes wrong, or if ya don't and something big goes wrong,🤔but I would look at the small print on that one, because on an old truck as of yours, is it general wear and tear it covers, in that case it don't cover anything.sorry not that helpful but some insurance papers are only good enough to put under the truck to stop the oil dripping on ya brick weave.

I bought a 2020 L200 new and extended the warranty (5 years or 125,000 miles whichever comes first) at a cost of about £500

Within days of the new vehicle warranty finishing the rear shocks started leaking and they got changed with no issues under the extended warranty. The two shocks would have costed circa £600

In my case it was worth it but if nothing had gone wrong it wouldn't - apart from peace of mind.

I am sure you have but read carefully what the extended warranty covers and doesn't cover

I paid for a warranty on my last Kuga as the garage only gave 3 months.

Wheel bearing started rumbling so I rang the warranty company.

is it still working they asked, I said yes but quite noisy.

If it had collapsed then you would have covered so just keep using it 🤷🏻‍♂️

I asked if I keep using it and it collapses you will say you knew it was faulty so you’re not covered, he didn’t have an answer 😵💫

I bought a Seat Altea FR before that from a main dealer and we agreed as part of the deal that we would go 50/50 on a 2 year warranty from them, it covered almost everything including parts and labour.

:shaun: