Stable PCP light weight tripod

Andycf

Can anyone suggest a very stable, lightweight , tripod mounted double support system for a PCP FAC air rifle which I could use in a squirrel hide please?

I presently use a Primos Gen 3 tripod with a vice on the top which is Ok but there must be better more stable options available

Can anyone recommend an alternative please?

6 minutes ago, Spr1985 said:

I could obviously be very wrong but it’s unlikely in my opinion that any bipod is going to be more stable than a tripod. I’m intrigued to see other more knowledgeable opinions. 

Just to clarify but I am after a “tripod mounted double support system” alternative not a bipod support 

1 hour ago, Andycf said:

Just to clarify but I am after a “tripod mounted double support system” alternative not a bipod support 

And that will teach me to rub the two brains cells together whilst reading 🤦‍♂️🤣

13 hours ago, Andycf said:

Can anyone suggest a very stable, lightweight , tripod mounted double support system for a PCP FAC air rifle which I could use in a squirrel hide please?

I presently use a Primos Gen 3 tripod with a vice on the top which is Ok but there must be better more stable options available

Can anyone recommend an alternative please?

You can use the Primos two point rifle rest which is an excellent bit of kit. I use mine now and then when not using the hog saddle clamp.

https://www.bushwear.co.uk/products/2-point-gun-rest

9 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

You can use the Primos two point rifle rest which is an excellent bit of kit. I use mine now and then when not using the hog saddle clamp.

https://www.bushwear.co.uk/products/2-point-gun-rest

Hi Steve_b_wales

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have a Two point Primos shooting rest which is Ok, but the problem is in the locking mechanism that actually holds the attachment in place as it is still relatively unstable.

All the best

Andy

19 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Quad sticks would be more stable than the trigger sticks, add a fifth leg and it will stand alone while you drink your flask. 

Thank you for that suggestion Dougy. The only problem being that I am always sat down in the hide so trigger sticks would probably be to long.

8 minutes ago, Andycf said:

Thank you for that suggestion Dougy. The only problem being that I am always sat down in the hide so trigger sticks would probably be to long.

Quad sticks can be adjusted to whatever height you want, i have some that would go down to about 3 feet. I have a trigger stick thats been sat in a cupboard for years since i got quad sticks. 

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

Quad sticks can be adjusted to whatever height you want, i have some that would go down to about 3 feet. I have a trigger stick thats been sat in a cupboard for years since i got quad sticks. 

Cheers for that I will look into the options