Twickenham taxis

scolopax

I am going to watch a rugby match at Twickenham on Sunday, my local club team have qualified for a National final. Travelling south on a coach etc. Now the problem is I need to go to work that evening, and have a flight from Heathrow to catch 2 1/2 hours after the match finishes.  I may well have to leave early, but what is the best way to get from the rugby ground to Heathrow T2, in particular is there a taxi rank outside or near the ground?  The website has plenty of info about how to get to the ground, but none about how to get away from it….

thanks in advance.

You could get the 490 bus to Hatton Cross and then jump on the Tube which will take you to LHR ( all terminals). 
You can walk from the stadium to Hounslow and catch the tube, but it’s about fifty mins walk. 
Either way, if you only have 2 1/2hrs from match finish, to departure, you’re going to have to leave early. 
Me? I would Uber it. 

Well, getting ready to go on the coach from the rugby club to London Sunday morning, check my flight details to see which terminal I will need to go to at Heathrow later, only to read my flight is from Gatwick!   Had to leave at halftime for a prebooked Uber (the Mrs did it for me) and got to Gatwick in 42 minutes, cost a few pennies less than a ton.  In hindsight I had loads of time to spare and could have seen the whole match, but caught up on YouTube the next day. They won and I got to work on time. 

Edited by scolopax