Recent topic venison consumpion

bishop

• 2 weeks later...

I eat venison around 4 nights a week with one other night being game of some sort. Nearly all sika but some red as well.

Had gout last year and the Dr put it down to my red meat/game consumption. When I spoke to the Dr and some of his colleagues the first question they all asked was how much salt I took in my diet and how much red wine did I drink then did I smoke and finally what my intake of of red meat/game was.

Got some tablets for it, cut down on the venison fir a while and have not had a fare up since.

I am also lucky enough to have the opportunity to eat lots of venison.   I can get rid of the surplus around the village but it is certainly not to everyones taste.   Well to be more accuarte most of the population have never tasted venison.   Whey they do try it they nearly all like it.   I sincerely hope that this new drive to get people eating the stuff works.   It is almost criminal that all the food is going to waste when peole are attending food banks in the current financial crisis.

Had munty steak for my tea last night and it will be the same tonight.   And a wee dram of course.   That goes without saying.