.204 reloading/ heads

dan12345

11 hours ago, dan12345 said:

I would class headspace as how much I bump the shoulders back from a fired case.

That's how you control headspace but headspace is the gap between the head and the boltface.

Reloading is a complex and technical thing.

Retailers sell stuff to people, the more people they take money off the better.
Often they (RFD's) are clueless about what they are selling and tend to 'dumb down' to meet thier market and to take money from the uneducated and clueless.
A wider audience ....

They avoid conversations like ...
Customer : "Got any 223 bullets ?"
Retailer : "Hunting or Target, ? Box of 100 ?"
Customer ; "No mate I want bullets not heads"

It's easier for the retailer to just agree and take the money, educating his customers isn't a thing he wants to do, especially if he's a locksmith (know what I mean ?).

No manufacturer calls bullets 'heads'... not one.
No RFD worth his salt calls bullets 'heads'.
Do you make head-holes in things when you shoot them ?

I call em Stuckies and Cushies - people who really know what they are talking about call them Sturnus Vulgaris and Columba Palambus.
You can shoot Cushies in the UK but only Stuckies in Northern Ireland.

Edited by miki

13 hours ago, miki said:

Reloading is a complex and technical thing.

Retailers sell stuff to people, the more people they take money off the better.
Often they (RFD's) are clueless about what they are selling and tend to 'dumb down' to meet thier market and to take money from the uneducated and clueless.
A wider audience ....

They avoid conversations like ...
Customer : "Got any 223 bullets ?"
Retailer : "Hunting or Target, ? Box of 100 ?"
Customer ; "No mate I want bullets not heads"

It's easier for the retailer to just agree and take the money, educating his customers isn't a thing he wants to do, especially if he's a locksmith (know what I mean ?).

No manufacturer calls bullets 'heads'... not one.
No RFD worth his salt calls bullets 'heads'.
Do you make head-holes in things when you shoot them ?

I call em Stuckies and Cushies - people who really know what they are talking about call them Sturnus Vulgaris and Columba Palambus.
You can shoot Cushies in the UK but only Stuckies in Northern Ireland.

So have you got any .204 39grain blitz kings you want to sell or not? Because you giving me a reloading lesson isn’t what I posted about.

thanks 

10 hours ago, dan12345 said:

So have you got any .204 39grain blitz kings you want to sell or not? Because you giving me a reloading lesson isn’t what I posted about.

I do not have any .204 bullets.

The main distributors Krank and Highland are waiting stock, I think SGC are quoting June and others, August.
There is a shortage of Sierra bullets across Europe. A friend of mine lives in Sedalia and tells me that the factory is working double-shifts to meet demand.

Like a lot of suppliers I think the war in Ukrain and the closeness of it to the NATO borders has peaked demand and we (the UK) aren't really a large enough consumer to divert to.

Next time I am in my local shoppe I will ask and if they have any will post here if they do.