Sunderland air show

frankydiver

Extremely short sighted and like many a council, has jumped onto the bandwagon. 
Two or so years ago. Norwich City Council decided that it would make the Lord Mayors procession carbon free. 
Apart for a couple of Tesla cars. Of which one had difficulty in shutting its full wing doors, there we no other vehicles or floats. 
Instead of being a fantastic sight with a huge build up in the afternoon of all the floats max the crowds they drew, it was the most lane thing in the world. 
No atmosphere as and of the performances that would have used a clot or sound system, had to drag on a cart a pathetic little music pa. 

It was over in a matter of minutes instead of the hours it used to take for all of the floats to pass. Not one spectator that we spoke to or overheard, had enjoyed it and vowed to stay away. 

Roll on to last Sept when I visited my parents in Sussex when they had their Carnival. Floats, sound systems, bonfire societies etc and the best part, crowds lining the streets. 

What have we done to our traditions, we haven’t moved on to a greener alternative, we have killed it for future generations. 

Want another daft thing, in my vocation, they are trying to eliminate ‘contrails’ due to the environmental global warming impact that they may have. So get this, to mitigate,  we have planners who look at alternative and sometime longer routes, plus flying lower to try and reduce these contrails- both of these actions, actually use more fuel and hence, have a greater environmental impact. You couldn’t make it up! 

27 minutes ago, Scully said:

It’s up to the people of Sunderland , and those with a vested interest, to kick up a storm then. 
All it takes for others to dictate policy or whatever, is for others to do nothing. 🤷‍♂️

This, 100%. Needs to be uproar in Sunderland. If that was a regular show near me there would be significant uproar in the right places.