A second go on the peas.

JDog

The forecast today was for less heat and more cloud cover than in recent days. That would suit another outing to the 200 acres of peas.

The line in on arrival was definite. As soon as we set up it changed and remained obstinately out of decoying range. We were too lazy to move so we stuck it out.

It was frustrating watching pigeons elsewhere but we did manage to shoot 50 which was pleasing.

20230617_151420.jpg

20230617_151441.jpg

Nice one , you will get better bags on Peas but you will also get a lot worse so 50 between you was still a nice lot of sport and ending up with a decent bag .

Our Peas are all going for seed this year , they are now in flower and apart from where the Rabbits have been giving them some stick , overall they are looking well , if we get the heavy rain tonight and even more tomorrow we could well have a fair bit of barley knocked about as the fields I looked at this afternoon looked a lot higher than it did in last years drought .

That happens to us all (the line moving). 
I’ve sat many times and shot half what I could have shot by moving, but especially when you’ve had to walk and set up all the kit it’s a lot of effort to move…..especially when you’re getting some sport anyway! 
An enjoyable way to spend an afternoon though Jdog, there’s none hitting the few fields of peas I’ve got to check, yet.