.410 add on moderator

mel b3

1 hour ago, Wriggit said:

Hiya wriggit. 

Thankyou for the link mate .

I've spoken to several shops that sell the mods , but none of the ones I've spoken to will post them (despite it being perfectly legal). I struggle to find time to get to shops during opening hours , hence why I'm trying to buy a pre owned one .

20 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello Mel, hope all's ok, I am still to fit my 12 bore silencer but it can be sent by normal post, my hushpower  came from Saddlery and gunroom, 

Hiya Gordon. 

Alls well here thanks mate . I hope alls well with you these days ?.

I can't find any gunshop that will send it by normal post ( even though its perfectly legal). I found a couple of shops that will send them to an rfd for an extra £30 , and I assume rfd charges at this end would be about the same.

If I can find a supplier in the Birmingham area , I'll just have to book a day off work , and go and collect one .

16 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Hiya Gordon. 

Alls well here thanks mate . I hope alls well with you these days ?.

I can't find any gunshop that will send it by normal post ( even though its perfectly legal). I found a couple of shops that will send them to an rfd for an extra £30 , and I assume rfd charges at this end would be about the same.

If I can find a supplier in the Birmingham area , I'll just have to book a day off work , and go and collect one .

Am doing ok thanks, what happened to your DIY 410 silencer ?

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

4 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Am doing ok thanks, what happened to your DIY 410 silencer ?

The one i made works fantastically well Gordon ( even better than my Baikal hushpower .410) . It's on an old single barrel gun , and I've now got a three shot bolt action that I want to moderate  . The one I made probably works so well because I ported the barrel,  but I don't want to port the barrel on the three shot , mainly because well soon be using steel shot , and I don't want to risk scrapping the gun.

If I had the room in the safe  , I'd just buy a moderated .410 pump , but I recently sold a few guns to make some space , then immediately bought more guns and filled my safes again 🙄.

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

The one i made works fantastically well Gordon ( even better than my Baikal hushpower .410) . It's on an old single barrel gun , and I've now got a three shot bolt action that I want to moderate  . The one I made probably works so well because I ported the barrel,  but I don't want to port the barrel on the three shot , mainly because well soon be using steel shot , and I don't want to risk scrapping the gun.

If I had the room in the safe  , I'd just buy a moderated .410 pump , but I recently sold a few guns to make some space , then immediately bought more guns and filled my safes again 🙄.

Ok mel, let us know how you get on when you get a silencer, cheers

6 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

I bought one from Saddlery gun shop and it was sent to an RFD where I collected. No extra charge for me but the RFD said that they get paid by Saddlery.

Cheers Steve.  I didn't realise that mate . Iirc the saddlery  website said collection in person only , with a valid sgc ( the same as most of the sellers). The only place I found that would post them , said that the cost was £30 via a rfd partner. 

I've got a day off work on Friday,  so if I can find a gunshop that has one in stock , I'll drive there and collect it .

9 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello Mel, well done, let us know how you get on 👍

Will do Gordon. 

I'll be picking it up tomorrow,  and hopefully trying it out over the weekend. 

I don't expect it to be as good as my other moderated guns , but being a three shot should give me an advantage. 

On 06/07/2023 at 11:08, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello Mel, well done, let us know how you get on 👍

Hiya Gordon. 

I tested the new set up this morning. 

It was very quiet( much better than I expected from a 9inch mod ), but the norica was a pain to use . I'd been warned that you need to get the right carts , and that you need to load them in the correct way , but it was a right faff about , and I had to take my glove off every time I wanted to reload ( I'd watched a YouTube video on how to do it months ago , but I'd forgotten how to do it 😡).  I've decided to just bite the bullet , and buy a .410 mossberg pump.

On the upside , I was cleanly and consistently killing crows out to 35 yards . That's a much better result that I get with my other moderated  .410 shotguns. 

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

Hiya Gordon. 

I tested the new set up this morning. 

It was very quiet( much better than I expected from a 9inch mod ), but the norica was a pain to use . I'd been warned that you need to get the right carts , and that you need to load them in the correct way , but it was a right faff about , and I had to take my glove off every time I wanted to reload ( I'd watched a YouTube video on how to do it months ago , but I'd forgotten how to do it 😡).  I've decided to just bite the bullet , and buy a .410 mossberg pump.

On the upside , I was cleanly and consistently killing crows out to 35 yards . That's a much better result that I get with my other moderated  .410 shotguns. 

Ok , thanks for posting Mel, 35 yards is a good way for a 410, I remember getting one at 15 , double hammer , those were the days 🤔😁

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Ok , thanks for posting Mel, 35 yards is a good way for a 410, I remember getting one at 15 , double hammer , those were the days 🤔😁

Shooting wise , it was fantastic.  It was the faffing about that put me off.

I've put it up for sale , but if it doesn't sell quickly , I might give it another go , and find the best carts , and have another good look at the YouTube video  .