Price of pups

What is the general price of working pups over with you's in uk? I know alot of things vary ,breeding,  health tests etc.. But  I have seen adverts for cocker × sprocker pups for sale £1500 non negotiable. That to me is extortionate..3 year old working Springer,  very light looking dog, £3750.. what price are good honest proper working Springer pups making,  mother and father,  worked hard all winter, . Not field trial stuff..

16 months ago I paid £1K for my springer pup with very good breeding and both parents did work all day, that was the very top end of what I was prepared to pay at the time some people was asking nigh on £3K for pup's but struggled to sell them. Not long after the price took a bit of a dip with an average price around £800 for good dog's but recently the price seems to have crept up to around £1K .

1 hour ago, Krico woodcock said:

What is the general price of working pups over with you's in uk? I know alot of things vary ,breeding,  health tests etc.. But  I have seen adverts for cocker × sprocker pups for sale £1500 non negotiable. That to me is extortionate..3 year old working Springer,  very light looking dog, £3750.. what price are good honest proper working Springer pups making,  mother and father,  worked hard all winter, . Not field trial stuff..

It's all been thrown into a mess during Covid, but prices are pretty much back to where they were before now or close enough. 

There's still dreamers breeding any bitch they can get their hands on and thinking they can get £1500 a pup, but as you normally see they are stuck with pups at 10,12,15+ weeks of age cos they've not sold. 

My mate bred a litter recently with bitch a FTAW and a well bred stud, sold them for £750 each, and all were gone before 8 weeks, Springers those were. 

I would have paid about that before the Covid pup noncence for a well bred, well reared pup. 

£750 to £1000 probably isn't too bad if  the pup is coming from good stuff and hopefully the pup would work out.. although it would have to be something very special to get anywhere near that money over here.  Gundog pups, over  here in reality would only get half of that money, Which is  hard to figure out because cocapoos , labradoodlels, etc, have no problem getting silly money.  Pue bred mongrels,  good for nothing. Except obviously being a pet.. but seriously sprockers £1500 sterling,  nuts..  

Edited by Krico woodcock

I paid £950 for a working cocker female two years ago. Excellent bloodline, KC papers etc. Wasn’t looking for another dog but the litter came up from two relatives breeding their dogs, female is a farm dog and the male was my uncles working gun dog. Unfortunately he passed away not too long ago and it was a real shame. Brilliant dog right to the end but his head went and that was it sadly. Used to work with the female every day when I was on the farm and ended up putting myself down for one. Initially they were north of £1300 or something like that but the bubble seemed to burst during the pregnancy. 

After I got her, two of my neighbours rushed out and bought males in the same colour. One asked if I was interested in breeding but I said no thanks. If I remember correctly, they ended up paying over a grand for him. 

Edited by 900