Henllan, Llandysul, Ceridigion

steve_b_wales

After living half my life in Newcastle Emlyn, Henllan, Lampeter, Cardigan, Llanrhystud, Fishguard and Wolfscastle I miss the area immensely though some of them are a few miles away from where you stated. 

Mwnt is amazing, think it's 112 steps mind, always used to see the dolphins and seals there (even if they used to nick the mackerel off your line) off the cliffs. Flat rock bistro near gwbert for a bite and pint and soak up the views on the way back, don't do the hotel, it's not as good. 

Presili mountains have stunning views, have a look at Pentre ifan burial, and not far away where they cut and dragged the stone for Stonehenge, I have a piece in my garden staring at me 😁 also check out Llys-yr-fran reservoir for a nice walk or cheap fishing. 

Cenarth is a nice quick walk, watch the salmon fishing, look at the coracle museum, the Three horseshoes pub is definitely the better of the 2 (I'm biased as I worked in the other for 5 years). 

Newcastle emlyn has a nice walk around the castle following the river, only a ten min walk but worth a visit if your passing. 

Llandysul, not really a lot going for it tbh, unless you like kayaking. Never really went there unless I was seeing mates. 

New quay is a tourist hotspot, should be alright now but I'd avoid it like the plague in August. 

Cardigan is alright, definitely has the most shops of any place mentioned, also the castle (of sorts) opened a decade ago, also Cilgerran castle and river walk (a few miles away) is good too. Often pop down there and have dinner by the water (side road by the shop in the middle, it's tight and you'd better be good at reversing uphill if you meet anything 😆worth it though. 

I'm back that way in a fortnight myself, bit of work, bit of shooting, bit of fishing and plenty of drinking 👍

Oh forgot to add, Lampeter has the best curry house Ive ever been too. It's a hell of a diversion, and been a few years since I've been but never tasted anything like it since. Amazing. 

Edited by strimmer_13