Problem with order Pinewood Sporting

I recently placed an order with Pinewood Sporting online , a new motor as the old one went bad and a ground spike approx £83 . After two weeks I Still haven’t received items so  contacted them and they said they had sent but didn’t believe them , he then accused me of been rude , after I said was ordering new parts as they were poorly made ,so I’ve had to take it up with PayPal to fight my corner to try and get my money back. 
Pinewood have provided a shipping tracking number to PayPal for a item that was delivered to another part of the country and signed for by someone else, not me and unsure if this is a bit of a sly move but wondered if anyone had any problems with this company before .

Edited by roebuck243

I haven't dealt with the above company for many years and at the time the stuff they sold was top notch and as good as you were likely to get .

The hide poles were very light and one day I stood on one a bit to hard while trying to get into rock hard ground and it snapped at the base , we were going up to the C L A game fairs a few weeks later and I asked the chap on Pinewood if they sold just one pole as I didn't need a set , I told him what happened and he had no more to do than gave me a new one f o c , he also gave me half a dozen plastic cones that went inside the pole , the service then was excellent , don't no longer use Pinewood stuff so I am sorry I cannot tell you what the service is like in this day and age .   MM

my experience with them is i borrowed some of their hide poles about 6 years ago from a friend and they were the best ive ever used and have a reputation in the comunity as just that. Ive been checking their website fairly regularly and theyve not been in stock since, the website is very dated and they dont have any form of social media that i can find which is abnormal for any company in 2023. So i get the impressions its a borderline defunct company.

my guess would be  that theyve probably not got what you need in stock and havent updated the website or checked incoming orders in a good time frame and are now scrambling for time and whatever youve said has gave them an axe to grind haha

10 hours ago, roebuck243 said:

Sorted , to be fair to them it was a problem with parcel force 9 days to arrive not sure where it’s been but hey sorted and nothing to do with them .

That’s good to hear as they always used to sell good quality stuff.

I’ve still got 4 of their hide poles which have got to be at least 20 years old and still working well.

Edited by Old Boggy

On 14/07/2023 at 07:48, Old Boggy said:

That’s good to hear as they always used to sell good quality stuff.

I’ve still got 4 of their hide poles which have got to be at least 20 years old and still working well.

They have certainly stood the test of time Chris , when the cones inside the poles were getting worn out I used to extend the pole at the required height and then put a strip of insulation tape around where the two poles met , this easily sorted the prolem out , I have still got one or two in the garage that are in retirement , still got the camo spray on them and one day they might again be put to good use .

At the time , they recon that the Pinewood magnet was the Rolls Royce of magnets , never had enough pennies to buy one , Rolls Royce that is :lol: