CZ 527 picatinny rail

steve_b_wales

I recently purchased the above rail off a member on here (it was the right one) to attach to the 'dovetails on the rifle. The only issue now is that I can't seem to find scope mounts (25mm) to fit correctly onto the rail. I have fitted one set but not entirely happy with them. Does anyone know if there is a certain make that will fit correctly please?

24 minutes ago, scarecrow243 said:

Hi i have just got the same rail and i can fit any single bolt picatinny scope mounts to it  if you look at your mounts is the bolt going thru them have a square they will be harder to fit the round bolt types are better for picatinny hope this helps

Yes, I did notice on one set of mounts that the bolt that goes through the 'slot' on the rail is square'ish and it would not seat deep enough into the rail. I was going to file a fraction off the bolts but then found another set which were slightly better. I'm not too happy at the way the mounts clamp on the rail though. I don't think the scope will come off, and the rifle is a .22 Hornet so hardly any recoil. These are the scope mounts. They grip the PicatinnyWeaver rail but don't seem 'right' to me. I've tried turning the claws around but no joy.

Thanks.

MOUNT ONE.jpg

MOUNT TWO.jpg

Edited by steve_b_wales

5 minutes ago, scarecrow243 said:

on mine the square type wont fit at all  the round one's are fine  i have a kral np 02  it has the 11mm dovetail & 20mm picatinny rail combined  its the only rail that is a bit of a bother fitting picatinny mount's too

The fixed rifle mount on the CZ 527 are 16mm. I fitted the Picatinny/Weaver rail which was made for that rifle (I believe) 

Why don’t you just fit scope mounts directly to the dovetail on the rifle? 
I can’t understand why you would put an extra rail between scope and rifle? 
I have BRNO .22 Hornet and Mod.2 R.F. and on both rifles the scope mounts just fine directly on the rifle. 
Or perhaps I am missing a point somewhere?

12 hours ago, London Best said:

Why don’t you just fit scope mounts directly to the dovetail on the rifle? 
I can’t understand why you would put an extra rail between scope and rifle? 

I have BRNO .22 Hornet and Mod.2 R.F. and on both rifles the scope mounts just fine directly on the rifle. 
Or perhaps I am missing a point somewhere?

Because I intend using a Thermal scope on the rifle and it can only be fitted on a Picatinny rail. I do have mounts that fit directly onto the rifle, as it was and still is used with a 'normal scope'.

12 hours ago, scarecrow243 said:

the cz 527 are supposed to be the same as the cz brno mod 1 & 2  top is 17mm inside grove 15mm  i will measure my rail to check  does the picatinny rail have 8 grub screws that's what mine has made by britannia 

The Picatinny rail that I purchased off a PW member has 4 screws (two on each'end') that attach to the dovetails that are fitted on the rifle.

25 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Because I intend using a Thermal scope on the rifle and it can only be fitted on a Picatinny rail. I do have mounts that fit directly onto the rifle, as it was and still is used with a 'normal scope'.

The Picatinny rail that I purchased off a PW member has 4 screws (two on each'end') that attach to the dovetails that are fitted on the rifle.

These are the original mounts that are on my 527. The Picatinny rail that I purchased fits perfectly onto these.

ONE.jpg

TWO.jpg