Tonights tipple

Rob85

So I just spent a lovely few days with the family in the lake district.... anyone who lives there is very lucky, we stayed at the haven Holiday camp outside flookburgh.

Took a day out to Lake Windermere on the old lakeside and Haverthwaite railway and if anyone likes a wee Ale, this stuff they sell in their gift shop is well worth giving a go.

20230713_205147.jpg

Not tried that, but we had a week in Barnard Castle week before last and i always like to sample the amber nectar in the areas visited. 

Some nice offerings around. 

We popped over to Keswick on the Wed and had a pint and grub in one of the town pubs and a visit to Whitby we had pie and mash in the Humble Pie shop. 

I have just got in from taking the dogs for a walk and they manage to drag me in one of the near pubs. A pint of Pedi and a bag of crisps does me for the night.  

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

Not tried that, but we had a week in Barnard Castle week before last and i always like to sample the amber nectar in the areas visited. 

Some nice offerings around. 

We popped over to Keswick on the Wed and had a pint and grub in one of the town pubs and a visit to Whitby we had pie and mash in the Humble Pie shop. 

I have just got in from taking the dogs for a walk and they manage to drag me in one of the near pubs. A pint of Pedi and a bag of crisps does me for the night.  

We had Sunday lunch in the Hope and Anchor I think its called and I had a wee pint of Cumbria Way. Another real smooth nice beer. We drove down from cairnryan off the stena boat and back again to get our boat back to NI, the scenery the whole way down is nothing short of spectacular, from the solway coast to skirting the Yorkshire Dale's.