DANARMS Cartridges

Hi Guys,

Just bought a load of game cartridges including 500 42gm no 5 copper coated lead plastic wad Danarm cartridges that were loaded in Denmark, boxes of 25.

Has anyone ever used these? not sure what i will do with them i think they might be a bit fierce in my side by side

I used Danarm cartridges in the 80s and early 90s on pigeons and they killed well enough.

Also in the mix are 4 boxes of Winchester GB 30gm 5s i used these along with the Westerns on game for years, the Westerns killed some good ducks

I think, but may be very very wrong, these are the old 2 3/4" Magnum loading using 1 1/2 ounces of shot?

8 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

I think, but may be very very wrong, these are the old 2 3/4" Magnum loading using 1 1/2 ounces of shot?

These were able to be used in old standard 3" chambered 12 bore gun AFAIR.

Edited by enfieldspares

I did think they may be, they look like a Magnum load with a high brass case will try and get my daughter to take a photo later

I did think geese when we go to Scotland through my semi 3inch, on my sons shoot they use similar loads on high pheasants 

Regards

Matt

11 hours ago, Arley said:

Thats the one!!

Are they any good? 

Regards

Matt

I haven't shot any I got this one out of a box of random ones I was given & added it to my collection 

5 minutes ago, TOPGUN749 said:

You could check the load by weighing the cartridge on digital scales,a 42 gram cartridge would weigh approx 55 grams.

Thanks that's a handy thing to know I don't intend of firing this one as its part of a collection although if I find a better condition one you never know 

They work, shoot a squirrel, 2 rabbits and a pigeon this morning when checking the pens, used my Semi and they seemed no worse than the 42gm victory mini mags we use on the geese.

Should imagine the cases are good for reloading seem good quality

Thank you everyone for comments